At Depaul UK we have a fantastic new opportunity for an Outreach Youth Homelessness Worker to join the team in Greater Manchester. You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis, and in return, you will receive a salary of £19,608 per annum + pension & other benefits.
Depaul UK helps people around the UK who are homeless, vulnerable and disadvantaged, with a special focus on young people. We are now looking for locum Project / Support Workers through Accommodation, Floating Support, Family Mediation, Administration, and Nightstop.
We are a homelessness charity with the largest network of emergency accommodation for young people in the UK, making a difference to the lives of thousands of young people each year. We are unique, innovative and very passionate about what we do, working in the very heart of local communities.
Benefits of joining us as an Outreach Youth Homelessness Worker:
- 26 days of annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
The Outreach Youth Homelessness Worker Role:
We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed outreach worker who is client-focused and with an excellent ability to lone work.
Working under the direction, guidance and support of a senior worker you will be responsible for a caseload of clients as well as share responsibility for the safety and wellbeing of all clients, volunteers and staff in the service.
The official job title for this post is ‘Progression Coach’.
What makes this Outreach Youth Homelessness Worker role exciting?
- A full induction and training to enhance the ‘hard’ and ‘soft’ skills required’
- Training in the Depaul Endeavour model
- Continuous support and supervision including reflective practice to develop your learning and skills as a practitioner
What will ideally support your success as our Outreach Youth Homelessness Worker?
- Excellent experience in outreach support with rough sleepers and vulnerable young people
- Good experience of Safeguarding and operating safeguarding requirements and procedures
- Experience of using Risk Assessments and Support Planning tools
- Experience of managing a large caseload and record-keeping
- Experience of lone working
Closing date: Friday 11th December 12:00pm
Interview date: TBC
So, if this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you and you’d like to become our Outreach Youth Homelessness Worker then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
An enhanced DBS disclosure is a requirement for this post. Our recruitment checks, induction, and ongoing support and supervision reflect our commitment to safeguarding our clients. Depaul UK strives to be equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
We kindly request no contact from Recruitment or Media Agencies.