How to apply
At Depaul UK we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Programmes Manager to come and join our Manchester team. You will join us on a full time basis and in return you will receive a competitive salary of £27,234 per annum + pension & other benefits.
Depaul UK delivers a range of support and housing services around the UK for young people and adults at risk of homelessness. We provide services that prevent homelessness, increase the resilience of those we work with and energise opportunities for employment, education, training & volunteering. We're dedicated to putting our values into action to achieve a society where everyone has a place to call home and a stake in their community.
In return as our Programmes Manager, we can offer you:
- A friendly, flexible and values-led organisation
- Competitive salary
- 34 days of annual holiday, including bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
The Programmes Manager role:
Working with young people either at risk of homelessness, or living in our accommodation projects you will be supporting your team to have an impact on young people’s development, in particular in supporting them to achieve their ambitions in the world of work and education.
The role includes oversight of our Get up and Go programme, our engagement programme for young people, is led by staff and volunteers and uses creative and physical activities as a catalyst to build confidence and self-belief. The aim of Get Up and Go is to support young people affected by homelessness on their path to independent living, training and employment.
What makes this role exciting?
- It's a great opportunity to be part of a shaping young people’s futures, supporting them to progress positively with their lives
- It’s a chance to be part of a national programmes team committing to developing new ways to support young people into education, training and employment
- You’ll have regional responsibility for all our programmes and client involvement work across Manchester
- You'll receive in-house training to help you perform your role
What will ideally support your success in the Programmes Manager role?
- Experience in delivering successful engagement programmes to young people
- Understanding and knowledge of the issues faced by vulnerable young homeless people
- Experience in youth or client participation
- Understanding of supporting clients into education, training and employment opportunities.
- Experience of developing effective relationships both internally and with external partnership organisations
Closing date: 25th July 2019
So, if this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you and you’d like to become our Programmes Manager then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
An enhanced DBS disclosure is a requirement for this post. Our recruitment checks, induction and ongoing support and supervision reflect our commitment to safeguarding our clients. Depaul UK strives to be equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
We kindly request no unsolicited contact from recruitment or media agencies.