At Depaul UK we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Programmes Manager to come and join our team in the North East Region. You will join us on a part time basis and in return you will receive a competitive salary of £27,233.65 pa pro rata + pension & other benefits.
Depaul UK delivers a wide range of support and housing services for young people and adults at risk of homelessness. We specialise in the provision of services that: prevent homelessness, increase the resilience of those we work with and energise opportunities for employment, education, training and volunteering in the communities we work within.
In return as our Programmes Manager, you'll be joining a friendly, flexible and values-led organisation, and will receive:
- Competitive salary
- 26 days of annual holiday, including bank holidays (pro rata)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Interest free Annual Season Ticket Loan
- Four Weeks Paternity Leave
The Programmes Manager role:
In this role you will manage our programmes work across the North East. Working with young people either at risk of homelessness, or living in our accommodation projects you will be supporting your team to have an impact on young people’s development, in particular in supporting them to achieve their ambitions in the world of work and education.
The role includes oversight of our Get up and Go programme, our engagement programme for young people. It is led by staff and volunteers and uses creative and physical activities as a catalyst to build confidence and self-belief. The aim of Get Up and Go is to support young people affected by homelessness on their path to independent living, training and employment.
In addition, you will be responsible for ensuring young people’s voices are at the heart of all we do across the region. You will lead a youth advisory board and also support our client involvement work across the North East.
What makes this role exciting?
- It's a great opportunity to be part of a shaping young people’s futures, supporting them to progress positively with their lives.
- It’s a chance to be part of a national programmes team committing to developing new ways to support young people into education, training and employment
- You’ll have regional responsibility for all our programmes and client involvement work across the North East
- You'll receive in-house training to help you perform your role
What will ideally support your success in the Programmes Manager role?
- Experience in delivering successful engagement programmes to young people
- Understanding and knowledge of the issues faced by vulnerable young homeless people
- Experience in youth or client participation
- Understanding of supporting clients into education, training and employment opportunities.
- Experience of developing effective relationships both internally and with external partnership organisations
Closing date: Sunday 29th September at midnight
So, if this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you and you’d like to become our Programmes Manager then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
An enhanced DBS disclosure is a requirement for this post. Our recruitment checks, induction and ongoing support and supervision reflect our commitment to safeguarding our clients. Depaul UK strives to be equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
We kindly request no contact from Recruitment or Media Agencies.