Depaul UK are currently recruiting for a passionate Support Worker to join our based in Oldham. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £19,804 p/a plus Pension & Other Benefits.
Depaul UK works with some of the most disadvantaged young people in the UK. We specialise in working in communities where poverty and long-term unemployment have resulted in generations of social exclusion and high rates of homelessness
Over the past 30 years, we have grown as an organisation and developed and enhanced our work and the impact it has across the UK. Depaul UK has a wide range of services for young people and adults at risk of homelessness
The Support Worker role:
We are currently looking for a youth-focused individual, passionate about ending homelessness, to work as a Support Worker based in Oldham, Manchester. This role is a permanent position working full time.
You will be responsible for managing a caseload of 6-7 clients in helping them to move from supported to independent accommodation. In this role, you will be holding group sessions and activities within the service to support our clients in their individual and social engagement.
In this role, you will work a mixture of daytimes, evenings and weekends including bank holidays to ensure that residents have full staff support during their most difficult times.
What makes the Support Worker role exciting?
- A thorough induction and orientation to help you settle in and ensure you have the knowledge and support you need to perform your role.
- Continuous support and supervision including reflective practice to develop your learning and skills as a practitioner.
What will ideally support your success as our Support Worker:
- Experience of working with young people or those who have experienced homelessness.
- An understanding of the needs of people who have experienced homelessness, poor mental health, substance misuse
- Able to demonstrate clear understanding of safeguarding requirements and procedures
- Commitment to working in a manner which promotes diversity and equality ensuring that everyone is treated with respect and dignity and no one suffers from discrimination.
- Commitment to promoting an environment which has the highest regard for the Health and Safety of others.
- Personal and professional integrity
- High level understanding of professional boundaries and ability to maintain boundaries
What’s it like to work at Depaul UK?
You'll be joining a friendly, flexible, and values-led organisation, and will receive:
- Competitive salary
- 26 days of annual leave plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Interest-free Annual Season Ticket Loan
- Four Weeks Paternity Leave
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you and you’d like to become our Support Worker then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
Closing Date for applications: Wednesday 27 October 2021 at 23:59
An enhanced DBS disclosure is a requirement for this role. Our recruitment checks, induction, and ongoing support and supervision reflect our commitment to safeguarding our clients. Depaul UK strives to be equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
We kindly request no contact from Recruitment or Media Agencies.