Depaul UK are currently looking for a Reconnect and Mediation Worker to join us in Greater Manchester. You will join us on a part-time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £20,859 - £22,899 (Pro Rata) + pension and benefits.
Depaul UK works with some of the most disadvantaged young people in the UK. We specialise in working in communities where poverty and long-term unemployment have resulted in generations of social exclusion and high rates of homelessness.
Over the past 30 years, we have grown as an organisation and developed and enhanced our work and the impact it has across the UK. Depaul UK has a wide range of services for young people and adults at risk of homelessness.
The Reconnect and Mediation Worker role:
The Reconnect service, where you will be based, uses mediation techniques to provide support, resolve conflict, and strengthen personal relationships between clients and their families. It is a rewarding role where you will provide a wide range of guidance such as facilitating 1-1 sessions and joint party mediation to improve communication and understanding.
The successful post-holder will be working alongside external stakeholders, as well as the wider prevention team at Depaul, to continue in developing the service and defining our approach to preventing youth homelessness through family support and mediation work.
Day to day you will also contribute to the successful running of the Reconnect service and ensuring all safeguarding and health and safety procedures are upheld.
What makes the Reconnect and Mediation Worker role exciting?
- A full induction and training to enhance the skills required.
- Training in interpersonal mediation with an accredited provider.
- Regular peer support with other Depaul Mediators/Family Workers, either via Skype or in person
- External Clinical Supervision
- Training in the Depaul Endeavour model
- Continuous support and supervision including reflective practice to develop your learning and skills as a practitioner.
What will ideally support your success as one of our Reconnect and Mediation Worker?
- Demonstrable experience providing mediation services
- Experience of working independently and managing own caseload
- Good knowledge and understanding of Risk Assessments and Support Planning
- Significant experience working with young people and families
What’s it like to work at Depaul UK?
You'll be joining a friendly, flexible and values-led organisation, and will receive:
- Competitive salary
- 26 days of annual leave plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Interest free Annual Season Ticket Loan
- Four Weeks Paternity Leave
So, if this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you and you’d like to become our Reconnect and Mediation Worker then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
Closing Date for applications: Wednesday 23 June 2021 at 12:00 pm
An enhanced DBS disclosure is a requirement for this role. Our recruitment checks, induction, and ongoing support and supervision reflect our commitment to safeguarding our clients. Depaul UK strives to be equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
We kindly request no contact from Recruitment or Media Agencies.