Depaul UK is one of the UK largest youth homelessness charities and we support those who have been homeless or are at risk of homelessness. We are searching for a Senior Support Worker to join our team in North Tyneside. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £28,404 (FTE) Per Annum Plus Pension and Other Benefits.
We are currently developing and expanding the work that we do with young people to prevent homelessness. This includes our well-established Nightstop service, which provides a safe place to stay in the homes of volunteers, as well as working with families and delivering a programme to schools, colleges and other educational and youth settings.
The Senior Support Worker Role:
Depaul UK works with some of the most disadvantaged young people in the UK. We specialise in working in communities where poverty and long-term unemployment have resulted in generations of social exclusion and high rates of homelessness
We are looking for a passionate and motivated individual that is keen on impacting lives of vulnerable young people and adults at risk of homelessness in Islington, London.
As a Senior Support Worker, you will work with a team of professionals that is responsible for delivering an assessment, support and move on service to vulnerable clients in supported or community-based accommodation.
You will be responsible for ensuring the effective and safe management of the service on a day to day basis.
Key responsibilities of our Senior Support Worker:
- Inputs new starter details and other changes onto the HR database system
- Ensure the safety and wellbeing of clients in the service at all times including ensuring that Safeguarding and emergency alert procedures are followed as laid out in Depaul’s Policy and Procedures
- Manage a caseload of clients for whom you will be the named key worker, and you will ensure that there is a whole team approach to the support of all clients in the service
- Deliver one-to one and group support opportunities within the accommodation and in the local community aimed at increasing resilience in the clients we work with.
- Proactively lead on partnerships with local agencies including statutory teams, to support the wellbeing of Depaul clients in accordance with data protection and information sharing protocols.
On appointment, please note that your job title shall be Senior Progression Coach.
What we are looking for in our Senior Support Worker:
You will have excellent communication skills and be committed to the values and ethos of Depaul UK.
- Experiencing of supervising the work of others
- Experience of working with people who have experienced homelessness, poor mental health, substance use or have a history of living in care.
- Experience of using Risk Assessments and Support Planning.
- Experience of operating safeguarding requirements and procedures
What’s it like to work at Depaul UK?
- Flexible working and family-friendly policies
- Access to Perkbox giving you deals and discounts for a wide range of brands
- Up to 7% contributory pension
- Paid training & personal E-Learning portal
- Sabbatical leave
- Health cash plan
- Paid DBS
- Death in service
- Cycle to work scheme
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you and you’d like to become our Senior Support Worker then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
Closing Date for Senior Support Worker applications: Wednesday 13th July at 23:59
An enhanced DBS disclosure is a requirement for this role. Our recruitment checks, induction, and ongoing support and supervision reflect our commitment to safeguarding our clients. Depaul UK strives to be equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
We kindly request no contact from Recruitment or Media Agencies.