At Depaul UK have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Youth Homelessness Support Worker to join our team on a full time permanent basis. In return you’ll earn a competitive salary of £24,174 pa + pension & other benefits.
Depaul UK delivers a range of support and housing services around the UK for young people and adults at risk of homelessness. We provide services that prevent homelessness, increase the resilience of those we work with and energise opportunities for employment, education, training & volunteering. We're dedicated to putting our values into action to achieve a society where everyone has a place to call home and a stake in their community.
In return as our Senior Youth Homelessness Support Worker we can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- 26 days of annual holiday plus bank holidays pro rata
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
The Senior Youth Homelessness Support Worker role:
We are looking for an experienced youth homelessness support worker to join our Burnage Lane project on a full time permanent contract.
In this role you are responsible for ensuring the effective and safe management of the service on a day to day basis. You will hold line management responsibility for a number of staff, volunteers and possibly students on placement, and hold responsibility for the safety and wellbeing of all clients, volunteers, visitors and staff in the service.
The official job title for this post is Senior Progression Coach.
What makes this role exciting?
- A full induction and training to enhance the ‘hard’ and ‘soft’ skills required’
- Training in the Depaul Endeavour model
- Continuous support and supervision including reflective practice to develop your learning and skills as a practitioner
What will ideally support your success in the Senior Youth Homelessness Support Worker role?
- Experiencing of supervising the work of others
- A good understanding and commitment to working in an assets based way
- Strong experience of working with vulnerable people
- Experience of using Risk Assessments and Support Planning
- Excellent experience of operating safeguarding requirements and procedures
Closing date: Friday 30 October 2020 at 12:00 pm
So, if this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you and you’d like to become our Senior Youth Homelessness Support Worker then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
An enhanced DBS disclosure is a requirement for this post. Our recruitment checks, induction and ongoing support and supervision reflect our commitment to safeguarding our clients. Depaul UK strives to be equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
We kindly request no contact from Recruitment or Media Agencies.