Depaul UK are currently looking for an enthusiastic Service Worker to join us based in Manchester. You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis, and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £30,294 per annum + pension and benefits.
Depaul UK works with some of the most disadvantaged young people in the UK. We specialise in working in communities where poverty and long-term unemployment have resulted in generations of social exclusion and high rates of homelessness
Over the past 30 years, we have grown as an organisation and developed and enhanced our work and the impact it has across the UK. Depaul UK has a wide range of services for young people and adults at risk of homelessness
The Service Worker role:
We are currently looking for an experienced Service Manager to work full time at our Depaul Safestop service in Manchester.
As the Service Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring the service is delivered to an excellent standard. You will manage a varied team, organise regular meetings and monitor team achievements ad objectives. Overall, you will be focused on continually improving the service and ensuring our clients receive support, guidance and a positive experience.
The successful post holder should have significant experience in managing a service, preferably in residential care or support.
What makes the Service Worker role exciting?
- A full induction and training to enhance the ‘hard’ and ‘soft’ skills required’.
- Training in the Depaul Endeavour model
- Continuous support and supervision including reflective practice to develop your learning and skills as a practitioner
What will ideally support your success as our Service Worker:
- Experiencing of supervising the work of others
- Strong understanding of the needs of people who have experienced homelessness, poor mental health and substance misuse
- Experience of managing buildings, budgets and expenditures
- Good literacy, numeracy and IT skills
- Ability to use logical processes for solving problems and making decisions in a complex environment
What’s it like to work at Depaul UK?
You'll be joining a friendly, flexible, and values-led organisation, and will receive:
- Competitive salary
- 26 days of annual leave plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Interest-free Annual Season Ticket Loan
- Four Weeks Paternity Leave
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you and you’d like to become our Service Worker then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
Closing Date for applications: Wednesday 29 September 2021 at 12:00 pm
An enhanced DBS disclosure is a requirement for this role. Our recruitment checks, induction, and ongoing support and supervision reflect our commitment to safeguarding our clients. Depaul UK strives to be equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community
We kindly request no contact from Recruitment or Media Agencies