At Depaul UK we are currently have an exciting opportunity for a Support Worker to come and join our Sheffield team. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis. In return you will receive a competitive salary of £19,608 per annum + pension and other benefits.
Please note: The internal job title for this role is Progression Coach
Depaul UK delivers a range of support and housing services around the UK for young people and adults at risk of homelessness. We provide services that prevent homelessness, increase the resilience of those we work with and energise opportunities for employment, education, training & volunteering. We're dedicated to putting our values into action to achieve a society where everyone has a place to call home and a stake in their community.
In return as our Support Worker, we can offer you:
- A friendly, flexible and values-led organisation
- Competitive salary
- 34 days of annual holiday, including bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
The Support Worker role:
In this role you will be working with young people and young parents, managing a caseload and delivering a range of interventions to meet identified support needs, experience of dealing with issues affecting young people resettling after homelessness.
Additionally under the guidance and support of a manager/senior worker you will be responsible for a caseload of clients as well as share responsibility for the safety and wellbeing of all clients, volunteers and staff in the service.
What makes this role exciting?
- You'll receive in-house training to help you perform your role
- The role is flexible and you can take a creative approach to supporting young people
- It's a great opportunity to gain experience in the charity sector
What will ideally support your success in the Support Worker role?
- An understanding of the needs of people who have experienced homelessness, poor mental health, substance use
- A clear understanding of safeguarding requirements and procedures
- Experience of working with the client group
So, if this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you and you’d like to become our Support Worker then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
Closing date: 29th April at 12:00pm
Interview date: W/C 6th May 2019
An enhanced DBS disclosure is a requirement for this post. Our recruitment checks, induction and ongoing support and supervision reflect our commitment to safeguarding our clients. Depaul UK strives to be equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
We kindly request no contact from Recruitment or Media Agencies.