At Depaul UK we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Support Worker to come and join our team here in London. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return you will receive a competitive salary of £23,108 pa including Inner London Weighting, pension and other benefits.
Depaul UK delivers a range of support and housing services around the UK for young people and adults at risk of homelessness. We provide services that prevent homelessness, increase the resilience of those we work with and energise opportunities for employment, education, training & volunteering. We're dedicated to putting our values into action to achieve a society where everyone has a place to call home and a stake in their community.
In return as our Support Worker, we can offer you:
- A friendly, flexible and values-led organisation
- Competitive salary
- 26 days of annual holiday, including bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Interest free Annual Season Ticket Loan
- Four Weeks Paternity Leave
The Support Worker role:
We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed new team member to come join our i-Aspire programme on a full time basis, floating across three boroughs in South East London. The successful post holder will deliver a ground breaking partnership between Depaul, the Department for Education, local authorities and social investors, to improve employment, education and training (ETE) outcomes for care leavers.
Working with care leavers across Lewisham, Greenwich and Bromley, the post holder will have the opportunity to have a national impact on the way young people are able to achieve their ambitions in the world of work and education.
The official job title for this role is 'Progression Coach'.
What makes this role exciting?
- You'll receive in-house training to help you perform your role
- The role is flexible and you can take a creative approach to supporting young people
- It's a great opportunity to gain experience in the charity sector
What will ideally support your success in the Support Worker role?
- Experience of working with the client group and an understanding of the needs of those who have experienced homelessness, poor mental health and substance use
- Experience of assisting clients with sourcing and sustaining work, training and education opportunities
- A knowledge and understanding of Risk Assessments and Support Planning
- Demonstrable ability to work across several locations with no one fixed base
- Ability to demonstrate clear understanding of safeguarding requirements and procedures
- An understanding and commitment to working in an assets based way
So, if this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you and you’d like to become our Support Worker then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
Closing date – We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis and reserve the right to close once we’ve received sufficient applications. Otherwise, final closing date is Sunday 23rd February at 23:59
An enhanced DBS disclosure is a requirement for this post. Our recruitment checks, induction and ongoing support and supervision reflect our commitment to safeguarding our clients. Depaul UK strives to be equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
We kindly request no contact from Recruitment or Media Agencies.