Depaul UK are currently looking for an enthusiastic Support Worker to join us based in Southwark, London. You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis, and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £23,304 per annum + pension and benefits.
Depaul UK works with some of the most disadvantaged young people in the UK. We specialise in working in communities where poverty and long-term unemployment have resulted in generations of social exclusion and high rates of homelessness
Over the past 30 years, we have grown as an organisation and developed and enhanced our work and the impact it has across the UK. Depaul UK has a wide range of services for young people and adults at risk of homelessness
The Support Worker role:
With guidance from the line manager, the successful post-holder will support a caseload of clients in their move towards independence. You will be responsible for finding suitable housing options for clients and supporting them by providing advice and support through regular visits.
The official job title for this position is Progression Coach.
What makes the Support Worker role exciting?
- We will provide a full induction and training to enhance the ‘hard’ and ‘soft’ skills required’.
- Provided training in the Depaul Endeavour model
- Continuous support and supervision including reflective practice to develop your learning and skills as a practitioner
What will ideally support your success as our Support Worker:
- Knowledge of supported accommodation and other services
- Experience of working with people who are categorized as high risk or high needs or have complex needs
- Good literacy, numeracy and IT skills
- Ability to demonstrate clear understanding of safeguarding requirements and procedures
You can read more about the role in the attached job description.
What’s it like to work at Depaul UK?
You'll be joining a friendly, flexible, and values-led organisation, and will receive:
- Competitive salary
- 26 days of annual leave plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Interest-free Annual Season Ticket Loan
- Four Weeks Paternity Leave
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you and you’d like to become our Support Worker then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
Closing Date for applications: Tuesday 28th September at 12pm.
An enhanced DBS disclosure is a requirement for this role. Our recruitment checks, induction, and ongoing support and supervision reflect our commitment to safeguarding our clients. Depaul UK strives to be equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community
We kindly request no contact from Recruitment or Media Agencies