Depaul UK are currently looking for an empathetic and dedicated Support Worker to join us based in Stockport. You will join us on a part-time, permanent basis, and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £19,804 per annum (pro-rata) + pension and benefits.
Depaul UK works with some of the most disadvantaged young people in the UK. We specialise in working in communities where poverty and long-term unemployment have resulted in generations of social exclusion and high rates of homelessness
Over the past 30 years, we have grown as an organisation and developed and enhanced our work and the impact it has across the UK. Depaul UK has a wide range of services for young people and adults at risk of homelessness
The Support Worker role:
The successful post-holder will support a caseload of clients in their move towards independence. You will be responsible for running group sessions and activities within the accommodation to support our clients, as well as overseeing the general maintenance of the service.
The official job title for this position is Progression Coach.
What makes the Support Worker role exciting?
- We will provide a full induction and training to enhance the ‘hard’ and ‘soft’ skills required’
- Provided training in the Depaul Endeavour model
- Continuous support and supervision including reflective practice to develop your learning and skills as a practitioner
What will ideally support your success as our Support Worker:
- Experience of working with young people or those who have experienced homelessness
- Knowledge and understanding of Risk Assessments and Support Planning
- Good literacy, numeracy, and IT skills
- Ability to demonstrate a clear understanding of safeguarding requirements and procedures
You can read more about the role in the attached job description.
What’s it like to work at Depaul UK?
You'll be joining a friendly, flexible, and values-led organisation, and will receive:
- Competitive salary
- 26 days of annual leave plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Interest-free Annual Season Ticket Loan
- Four Weeks Paternity Leave
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you and you’d like to become our Support Worker then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
Closing Date for applications: Tuesday 28th September at 12pm.
An enhanced DBS disclosure is a requirement for this role. Our recruitment checks, induction, and ongoing support and supervision reflect our commitment to safeguarding our clients. Depaul UK strives to be equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community
We kindly request no contact from Recruitment or Media Agencies