Depaul UK are currently looking for a Support Worker to join our team based in Rochdale. You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis, and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £19,804 per annum + pension and benefits
Depaul UK works with some of the most disadvantaged young people in the UK. We specialise in working in communities where poverty and long-term unemployment have resulted in generations of social exclusion and high rates of homelessness
Over the past 30 years, we have grown as an organisation and developed and enhanced our work and the impact it has across the UK. Depaul UK has a wide range of services for young people and adults at risk of homelessness
The Support Worker role:
We have an exciting opportunity for a committed individual to join our team in Rochdale as a Support Worker on a full time permanent basis.
The Progression Coach is responsible for support planning, risk assessment and move-on for a caseload of clients, addressing their physical, emotional and behavioural needs and helping them progress towards independence.
The post-holder will work as part of a larger team and support the project with group sessions, workshops, health and safety of the building and general well-being of all clients and staff in the service.
What makes the Support Worker role exciting?
- A full induction and training to enhance the ‘hard’ and ‘soft’ skills required’
- Training in the Depaul Endeavour model
- Continuous support and supervision including reflective practice to develop your learning and skills as a practitioner
- Access to a total rewards package including a health plan and generous pension contributions
What will ideally support your success as our Support Worker:
- Experience of working with young people or those who have experienced homelessness
- An understanding of the needs of people who have experienced homelessness, poor mental health, substance misuse
- Good knowledge and understanding of Risk Assessments and Support Planning
- Clear understanding of safeguarding requirements and procedures
- High level understanding of professional boundaries and ability to maintain boundaries
What’s it like to work at Depaul UK?
You'll be joining a friendly, flexible, and values-led organisation, and will receive:
- Competitive salary
- 26 days of annual leave plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Interest-free Annual Season Ticket Loan
- Four Weeks Paternity Leave
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you and you’d like to become our Support Worker then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
Closing Date for applications: Friday 01 October 2021 at 12:00 pm.
An enhanced DBS disclosure is a requirement for this role. Our recruitment checks, induction, and ongoing support and supervision reflect our commitment to safeguarding our clients. Depaul UK strives to be equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
We kindly request no contact from Recruitment or Media Agencies.