At Depaul UK we currently have an exciting opportunity for two Trustee’s to come and join our team. This a nationwide voluntary position, so you can be based anywhere across the UK.
There are no set hours but we do require someone with flexibility who is easily contactable and can attend meetings and events when they happen.
The Trustee role:
Depaul UK is seeking two individuals to join its Board of Trustees. The persons we are looking for must have a sound understanding and background in the housing sector, with specific expertise in Social Housing and Housing Management. In addition, one of the Trustees out of the two posts will join the Board of our subsidiary, Depaul Housing Services, a Registered Provider of Social Housing. We are passionate about the difference we make and we wish to appoint Trustees who will be as passionate.
We actively encourage equality and diversity in Depaul UK, and look to recruit across age, gender, ethnicity and backgroun
We are keen to see the membership of both the Trustee body and Committees reflect as closely as possible the diverse backgrounds of our clients.
Given the nationwide nature of Depaul UK, we actively encourage applicants based outside of London, especially the Northeast and the Northwest.
Who are we?
Depaul UK delivers a range of support and housing services around the UK for young people and adults at risk of homelessness. We are a creative organization, regularly reviewing and developing new ways to support our clients. We provide services that:
- Prevent homelessness
- Increase the resilience of those we work with
- Energise opportunities for employment, education, training & volunteering
We're dedicated to putting our values into action to achieve a society where everyone has a place to call home and a stake in their community.
What we will do to support you in the Trustee role:
- Out of pocket expenses in line with the Trustees’ expenses policy
- Access to the Depaul UK Governance Manager for help and support in their role as Trustee
- Equal opportunity to participate regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation
What will ideally support your success in the Trustee role?
- A commitment to the vision and values of Depaul and to take decisions for the good of the organisation
- Sound knowledge of and background in the housing sector, social housing and housing management
- An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of charity trusteeship
- Strategic vision with the ability to think creatively
So, if this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you and you’d like to become our Trustee then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
Closing date – Sunday 08 March 2020 at 23:59
We kindly request no contact from Recruitment or Media Agencies.