Depaul UK are currently looking for a Youth Homeless Support Worker (Nights) to join us in West Didsbury. You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £19,608 per annum + pension and benefits.
Depaul UK works with some of the most disadvantaged young people in the UK. We specialise in working in communities where poverty and long-term unemployment have resulted in generations of social exclusion and high rates of homelessness.
Over the past 30 years, we have grown as an organisation and developed and enhanced our work and the impact it has across the UK. Depaul UK has a wide range of services for young people and adults at risk of homelessness.
The Youth Homeless Support Worker (Nights) role:
This is an exciting and rewarding opportunity to make a real difference to the community and to the lives of young, vulnerable adults at risk of homelessness.
With guidance from the line manager, the successful post-holder will support a caseload of 4-5 clients and their move towards independence. They will also be involved in running group sessions and activities at the project, to support residents’ individual development and social engagement.
The official job title for this position is Progression Coach (Nights).
What makes this Youth Homeless Support Worker (Nights) role exciting?
- A full induction and training to enhance the ‘hard’ and ‘soft’ skills required’
- Training in the Depaul Endeavour model
- Continuous support and supervision including reflective practice to develop your learning and skills as a practitioner
What will ideally support your success as one of our Youth Homeless Support Worker (Nights):
- Great experience working with young people or those who have experienced homelessness
- Strong understanding of the needs of people who have experienced homelessness, poor mental health and substance misuse
- Good knowledge and understanding of Risk Assessments and Support Planning
- Good literacy, numeracy and IT skills
- Ability to demonstrate clear understanding of safeguarding requirements and procedures
What’s it like to work at Depaul UK?
You'll be joining a friendly, flexible and values-led organisation, and will receive:
- Competitive salary
- 26 days of annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
So, if this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you and you’d like to become our Youth Homeless Support Worker (Nights) then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
Closing Date: Wednesday 21st April at 12pm
An enhanced DBS disclosure is a requirement for this role. Our recruitment checks, induction, and ongoing support and supervision reflect our commitment to safeguarding our clients. Depaul UK strives to be equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
We kindly request no contact from Recruitment or Media Agencies.