Depaul UK are currently looking for a Youth Homelessness Project Coordinator to join our team based in Milton Keynes. You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis, and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £24,416 p/a + pension & other benefits.
Depaul UK works with some of the most disadvantaged young people in the UK. We specialise in working in communities where poverty and long-term unemployment have resulted in generations of social exclusion and high rates of homelessness
Over the past 30 years, we have grown as an organisation and developed and enhanced our work and the impact it has across the UK. Depaul UK has a wide range of services for young people and adults at risk of homelessness
The Youth Homelessness Project Coordinator role:
This is a really exciting time to join Depaul and an opportunity to lead the ongoing development and delivery of our new services aimed at preventing youth homelessness in Milton Keynes.
We are looking for someone passionate about homeless prevention and committed to our cause, with fantastic experience of leading a team and working with young people and their families in crisis.
You’ll be key in building strong partnerships across the region to embed our services within Milton Keynes and develop effective relationships with key partners to ensure the success of both Nightstop and Reconnect.
Your role will be varied and you will also work with a small caseload of families through Reconnect, providing family support and mediation to prevent young people from experiencing a breakdown in their family relationships. You will also lead on recruiting and vetting volunteer hosts for our award winning Nightstop service, to ensure young people in Milton Keynes have access to a safe place to sleep in our emergency accommodation.
What makes the Youth Homelessness Project Coordinator role exciting?
- A thorough induction and orientation to help you settle in and ensure you have the knowledge and support you need to perform your role.
- Ongoing and targeted learning and development that will support and enable you to deliver the role to a high standard
- Continuous support and supervision including reflective practice to develop your learning and skills as a practitioner
What will ideally support your success as our Youth Homelessness Project Coordinator:
- Significant experience of working with homeless and vulnerable people in crisis
- Experience supervising staff or volunteers
- Significant experience of taking responsibility for operating safeguarding requirements and procedures
- Excellent experience of working under pressure, finding creative solutions and using own initiative
- Excellent experience of developing productive relationships with partner organisations
What’s it like to work at Depaul UK?
You'll be joining a friendly, flexible, and values-led organisation, and will receive:
- Competitive salary
- 26 days of annual leave plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you and you’d like to become our Youth Homelessness Project Coordinator then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
Closing Date for applications: Tuesday 05 October 2021 at 12:00 pm
An enhanced DBS disclosure is a requirement for this role. Our recruitment checks, induction, and ongoing support and supervision reflect our commitment to safeguarding our clients. Depaul UK strives to be equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
We kindly request no contact from Recruitment or Media Agencies.