At Depaul UK we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Family Worker to come and join our team in London. You will join us on a part time basis and in return you will receive a competitive salary of £24,359 - £26,399 per annum (£12,179.50 - £13,199.50 pro rata) + pension & other benefits.
Depaul UK delivers a wide range of support and housing services for young people and adults at risk of homelessness. We specialise in the provision of services that: prevent homelessness, increase the resilience of those we work with and energise opportunities for employment, education, training and volunteering in the communities we work within.
In return as our Family Worker, we can offer you:
- A friendly, flexible and values-led organisation
- Competitive salary
- 34 days of annual holiday, including bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
The Family Worker role:
This is an exciting opportunity for you to develop and run our Family Support service in London. You’ll be supported by your line manager to help you deliver this service.
You’ll work collaboratively with colleagues and services across the region, as well as with external agencies, to build and maintain a caseload of clients experiencing family difficulties and at risk of homelessness.
You’ll also provide a wide range of support and guidance to these clients and their families, aiming to improve understanding and communication, reduce conflict and strengthen relationships, amongst other things.
What makes this role exciting?
- You’ll be given you the opportunity to work with the wider national prevention team
- We are expanding our services in homelessness prevention and so you’ll have an opportunity to help shape this area of the charity’s work
- The role is flexible and you can take a creative approach to supporting young people
What will ideally support your success in the Family Worker role?
- Ideally you’ll have significant experience working with young people and families in crisis; reflective, creative and solution focused in your approach and committed to working in an assets based way
- Have experience of carrying out risk and needs assessments and support planning for clients
- Experience of working independently and managing own caseload; self-motivated and able to prioritize tasks and carry out efficient organisation and administration
- Demonstrable experience providing effective mediation services to families experiencing conflict
- Hold an accredited Interpersonal Mediation Certificate
- An in-depth understanding of issues relating to youth homelessness
Closing date – 30th August at 12:00pm
So, if this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you and you’d like to become our Family Worker then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
An enhanced DBS disclosure is a requirement for this post. Our recruitment checks, induction and ongoing support and supervision reflect our commitment to safeguarding our clients. Depaul UK strives to be equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
We kindly request no contact from Recruitment or Media Agencies.