At Depaul UK we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Night Support Worker come and join our team in Rochdale. You will join us on a full time basis and in return you will receive a competitive salary of £18,060 per annum plus pension & other great benefits.
Depaul UK delivers a wide range of support and housing services for young people and adults at risk of homelessness. We specialise in the provision of services that: prevent homelessness, increase the resilience of those we work with and energise opportunities for employment, education, training and volunteering in the communities we work within.
We're dedicated to putting our values into action to achieve a society where everyone has a place to call home and a stake in their community.
In return as our Night Support Worker, you'll be joining a friendly, flexible and values-led organisation, and will receive:
- Competitive salary
- 26 days of annual holiday, including bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Interest free Annual Season Ticket Loan
- Four Weeks Paternity Leave
The Night Support Worker role:
You’ll work as part of a dedicated team delivering essential services which include an assessment, support and move on service to vulnerable clients in supported accommodation.
You’ll also have a vital part to play in helping us achieve our mission of offering homeless and disadvantaged people the opportunity to fulfil their potential and move towards a positive and independent future.
You’ll involve clients in the decisions made about them and encourage participation in Depaul’s wider community programme of activities, and encourage all clients to participate in Education, Training, Employment and Volunteering opportunities as appropriate to the development of their skills, assets and aspirations
Please note: You will work waking night shifts which will include weekend working
What makes this role exciting?
- You'll receive in-house training to help you perform your role
- The role is flexible and you can take a creative approach to supporting young people
- It's a great opportunity to gain further experience in the charity sector
What will ideally support your success in the Night Support Worker role?
- An understanding of the needs of young people who have experienced homelessness, poor mental health and substance misuse
- Experience of creating support plans risk assessing, safeguarding, health and safety, service user involvement and collaborative working
- A knowledge and understanding of Risk Assessments and Support Planning
- Able to demonstrate clear understanding of safeguarding requirements and procedures
- Working in a client-centred way ensuring service user involvement and collaborative working
- Commitment to working in a manner, which promotes equality, diversity and inclusion
Closing date – 6th September 2019
So, if this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you and you’d like to become our Night Support Worker then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
An enhanced DBS disclosure is a requirement for this post. Our recruitment checks, induction and ongoing support and supervision reflect our commitment to safeguarding our clients. Depaul UK strives to be equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
We kindly request no contact from Recruitment or Media Agencies.