How to apply
At Depaul UK we are currently have an exciting opportunity for a Nightstop Coordinator to come and join our Sheffield team. You will join us on a full time, permanent. In return you will receive a competitive salary of £20,859 per annum + pension and other benefits.
Depaul UK delivers a range of support and housing services around the UK for young people and adults at risk of homelessness. We provide services that prevent homelessness, increase the resilience of those we work with and energise opportunities for employment, education, training & volunteering. We're dedicated to putting our values into action to achieve a society where everyone has a place to call home and a stake in their community.
In return as our Nightstop Coordinator, we can offer you:
- A friendly, flexible and values-led organisation
- Competitive salary
- 34 days of annual holiday, including bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
The Nightstop Coordinator role:
The Nightstop Coordinator is a unique and exciting opportunity that brings together a variety of responsibilities.
In this role you’ll recruit, train and manage volunteers joining the Nightstop service at Depaul. This will include onboarding and inducting new volunteers.
You’ll be required to provide regular supervision to volunteers and support their skills development, whilst motivating them through regular training and celebration events.
You’ll also promote the service to key stakeholders, and manage a caseload delivering support to young people directly.
A key part of the role will be providing support to guests needing emergency accommodation, and you’ll be responsible for coordinating all aspects of a guests stay with a volunteer host.
As part of the Nightstop team at Depaul, you’ll actively contribute to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of all volunteers and staff at the service.
What makes this role exciting?
- You'll receive in-house training to help you perform your role as well as a full induction.
- We’ll also provide you with training in the Depaul Endeavour model.
- The role is flexible and you can take a creative approach to supporting young people.
- It's a great opportunity to expand your experience in the charity sector.
What will ideally support your success in the Nightstop Coordinator role?
- Having experience of working with homeless and vulnerable people in crisis means you’ll have an understanding of our client base and their needs.
- Experience supervising and/or supporting staff (or volunteers) is essential.
- The ability to solve problems creatively and positively, applying your own initiative in a variety of settings.
- You’ll be able to demonstrate a clear understanding of safeguarding requirements and procedures and follow them through to conclusion.
- You’ll be able to work in high pressure situations and have the ability to respond to conflicting demands.
- Experience of the full risk assessment lifecycle.
So, if this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you and you’d like to become our Nightstop Coordinator then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
Closing date: 23rd April
Interview date: 2nd May
An enhanced DBS disclosure is a requirement for this post. Our recruitment checks, induction and ongoing support and supervision reflect our commitment to safeguarding our clients. Depaul UK strives to be equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
We kindly request no contact from Recruitment or Media Agencies.