At Depaul UK we have a fantastic new opportunity for a Support Worker to join the team in Stockport. You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis, and in return, you will receive a salary of £19,608 per annum plus benefits.
Depaul UK helps people around the UK who are homeless, vulnerable and disadvantaged, with a special focus on young people. We are a homelessness charity with the largest network of emergency accommodation for young people in the UK, making a difference to the lives of thousands of young people each year. We are unique, innovative and very passionate about what we do, working in the very heart of local communities.
Benefits of joining us as a Support Worker:
- 26 days of annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
The Support Worker Role:
You will participate in our programme of meaningful activity by running group sessions and activities to support young people’s individual development and social engagement. You will also ensure the accommodation is properly maintained and take an active role in the upkeep of the physical spaces.
Please note that the official job title for the role is Progression Coach.
What makes this Support Worker role exciting?
- A full induction and training to enhance the ‘hard’ and ‘soft’ skills required’
- Training in the Depaul Endeavour model
- Continuous support and supervision including reflective practice to develop your learning and skills as a practitioner
What will ideally support your success as our Support Worker?
- Experience of working with young people with high levels of need
- A knowledge and understanding of Risk Assessments and Support Planning
- Able to demonstrate a clear understanding of Safeguarding requirements and procedures
- High-level understanding of professional boundaries and ability to maintain them
Closing date Support Worker applications: Thursday 3rd December 11.59pm
So, if this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you and you’d like to become our Support Worker then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
An enhanced DBS disclosure is a requirement for this post. Our recruitment checks, induction, and ongoing support and supervision reflect our commitment to safeguarding our clients. Depaul UK strives to be equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
We kindly request no contact from Recruitment or Media Agencies.