At Depaul UK we have a fantastic new opportunity for a Support Worker to join the team in Bromley / Orpington. You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a salary of £23,108 pa + pension & other benefits.
Depaul UK helps people around the UK who are homeless, vulnerable and disadvantaged, with a special focus on young people. We are now looking for locum Project / Support Workers through Accommodation, Floating Support, Family Mediation, Administration and Nightstop.
We are a homelessness charity with the largest network of emergency accommodation for young people in the UK, making a difference to the lives of thousands of young people each year. We are unique, innovative and very passionate about what we do, working in the very heart of local communities.
Benefits of joining us as a Support Worker:
- 26 days of annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
The Support Worker Role:
The successful post-holder will be responsible for a caseload of clients and shares responsibility for the safety and wellbeing of all clients, volunteers and staff in the service. They will support clients to sustain their tenancies and successful move ons and ensure that the accommodation is properly maintained.
The official job title for this post is Progression Coach.
What makes this Support Worker role exciting?
- A full induction and training to enhance the ‘hard’ and ‘soft’ skills required’
- Training in the Depaul Endeavour model
- Continuous support and supervision including reflective practice to develop your learning and skills as a practitioner
- Access to a total rewards package including a health plan and generous pension contributions
What will ideally support your success as our Support Worker?
- An understanding of the needs of people who have experienced homelessness, poor mental health, substance use
- Experience of working with the client group
- Excellent ability to lone work and use initiative
- Good knowledge and understanding of Risk Assessments and Support Planning
- Ability to demonstrate clear understanding of safeguarding requirements and procedures
Closing date for applications: We are reviewing applications on a rolling basis and will close once we have received sufficient applications. Final deadline Thursday 10th December 12:00pm
So, if this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you and you’d like to become our Support Worker then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
An enhanced DBS disclosure is a requirement for this post. Our recruitment checks, induction, and ongoing support and supervision reflect our commitment to safeguarding our clients. Depaul UK strives to be equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
We kindly request no contact from Recruitment or Media Agencies.