At Depaul UK we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Support Worker to join our Southwark based team. You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis, and in return, you will receive a salary of £23,108 per annum + pension & other benefits.
Depaul UK helps people around the UK who are homeless, vulnerable and disadvantaged, with a special focus on young people. We are now looking for locum Project / Support Workers through Accommodation, Floating Support, Family Mediation, Administration, and Nightstop.
We are a homelessness charity with the largest network of emergency accommodation for young people in the UK, making a difference to the lives of thousands of young people each year. We are unique, innovative and very passionate about what we do, working in the very heart of local communities.
Benefits of joining us as our Support Worker:
- Competitive salary
- 26 days of annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
The Support Worker role:
This role includes supporting our young clients while homeless, at risk of homelessness or in their own tenancies. The post-holder will hold a caseload and will ensure that clients are working towards goals which will lead to further independence. It will also involve working closely with local organisations, statutory services and support agencies to gain the best possible outcomes.
The official job title for this post is Progression Coach.
What makes the Support Worker role exciting?
- A full induction and training to enhance the ‘hard’ and ‘soft’ skills required’
- Training in the Depaul Endeavour model
- Continuous support and supervision including reflective practice to develop your learning and skills as a practitioner
- Access to a total rewards package including a health plan and generous pension contributions
What will ideally support your success as our Support Worker?
- A commitment to the ethos and values of Depaul including the organisation’s policies and procedures
- Excellent IT and reporting skills
- Experience of working with people who are categorized as high risk or have complex needs such as mental health issues, drug and alcohol misuse, domestic violence
- Knowledge and understanding of the criminal Justice and benefits system
- Able to demonstrate a clear understanding of safeguarding requirements and professional boundaries
Closing date: Wednesday 27 January 2021 at 12:00 pm
Interview date: TBC
So, if this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you and you’d like to become our Support Worker then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
An enhanced DBS disclosure is a requirement for this post. Our recruitment checks, induction, and ongoing support and supervision reflect our commitment to safeguarding our clients. Depaul UK strives to be equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
We kindly request no contact from Recruitment or Media Agencies.