At Depaul UK we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Youth Homelessness Support Worker to join our team across the North West. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a salary of £19,608 per annum + pension & other benefits.
Depaul UK helps people around the UK who are homeless, vulnerable and disadvantaged, with a special focus on young people. We are now looking for locum Project / Support Workers through Accommodation, Floating Support, Family Mediation, Administration, and Nightstop.
We are a homelessness charity with the largest network of emergency accommodation for young people in the UK, making a difference to the lives of thousands of young people each year. We are unique, innovative and very passionate about what we do, working in the very heart of local communities.
Benefits of joining us as our Youth Homelessness Support Worker:
- Competitive salary
- 26 days of annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Interest-free Annual Season Ticket Loan
- Four weeks paternity leave
The Youth Homelessness Support Worker role:
You will be responsible for support planning, risk assessment and move-on for a caseload of 4-5 residents, addressing their physical, emotional, social and behavioural needs and helping them progress towards independence. You will support our programme of meaningful activity by running group sessions and take an active role in the upkeep of the physical spaces of the accommodation.
The official job title for this role is Progression Coach.
What makes the Youth Homelessness Support Worker role exciting?
- A full induction and training to enhance the ‘hard’ and ‘soft’ skills required’
- Training in the Depaul Endeavour model
- Continuous support and supervision including reflective practice to develop your learning and skills as a practitioner
What will ideally support your success as our Youth Homelessness Support Worker?
- Excellent experience of working with and a good understanding of the needs of people who have experienced homelessness, poor mental health and substance misuse
- Good knowledge and understanding of Risk Assessments and Support Planning
- Good literacy, numeracy and IT skills
- The ability to demonstrate a clear understanding of safeguarding requirements and procedures
Closing date: Monday 25th January 2021, 12pm
Interview date: TBC
So, if this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you and you’d like to become our Youth Homelessness Support Worker then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
An enhanced DBS disclosure is a requirement for this post. Our recruitment checks, induction, and ongoing support and supervision reflect our commitment to safeguarding our clients. Depaul UK strives to be equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
We kindly request no contact from Recruitment or Media Agencies.