For almost 40 years, across nearly 50 countries, we have led the global fight against hunger. We save the lives of children and their families. We are there for them before and after disaster strikes. We enable people to provide for themselves, see their children grow up strong, and build prosperous communities. Today, Action Against Hunger is an important referent in nutrition information systems, support in emergencies and development contexts and, in 2019, reached over 17 million people.
In the UK we have grown well over the last 20 years, increasing our income and staff numbers accordingly. We are now placed to continue this growth and meet our ambitions for 2021 and beyond.
The Deputy Head of Nutrition will help develop and support the nutrition technical function of Action Against Hunger UK's Operations Department. This is a high level technical development role which combines leadership, advisory and managerial responsibilities. The role is aimed at supporting the Head of Nutrition in ensuring technical cohesion of the various nutrition projects and initiatives related to technical support. This role will also deputise for the Head of Nutrition when required.
Candidates must be educated to a Diploma or Master’s Degree level in nutrition, public health or another related field (or with the equivalent experience), together with knowledge and proven experience in operational research design, implementation, analysis and documentation, including prior publication in peer-reviewed journals.
Please read the following carefully before making your application:
- As a UK based position, candidates must have the right to work in the UK
- We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community
- You can only be considered for this role if you meet the essential criteria in the person specification. You should use the "cover letter" section of the online application to demonstrate this.
- Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we will only contact shortlisted candidates, within one week of the closing date. Unfortunately we cannot provide individual feedback.
- If you experience any technical difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the charityjob helpdesk
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.