The Head of Policy Impact and Communications is an exciting new role created at Design Council which leads our charitable mission to spread awareness of the value of design and influence for greater use of design, and to create commercial partnerships that do design and allow the organisation to thrive.
- developing and influencing policies that promote good design and building alliances that can make the case more persuasively together
- measuring the impact and telling the story of the value of our work, and communicating/marketing our offer to create new and funded design partnerships that deliver value
- supporting delivery teams to use the best creative communication & storytelling methods as part of creating change, including harnessing & showcasing a diversity of talent within design.
- leads the Policy, Impact and Communications team, managing staff and working with external agencies
- forms part of the senior management team, along with colleagues in the delivery team and corporate services team
- reports into the Chief Design Officer, who with two other Directors and the Chief Exec lead the organisation
We are looking for someone who:
- Combines data and stories into compelling new narratives that influence policymakers and organisations to use design
- Builds relationships and alliances with other organisations with similar interests to speak with a bigger voice
- Stitches together, connects and weaves insights from our various project work, and that of the wider design sector
- Amplifies the diversity of design
- Proactively scan the horizon for influencing opportunities
- Is creative and curious in visual and digital methods
- Has an entrepreneurial mindset and can spot business opportunities which widen the use of design and our services
- Cares for the team and how they can be the best they can be
We value inclusion, equality and diversity, and we know that can only design better for all, when we bring together people from different backgrounds and perspectives. Therefore, we are actively recruiting for a diversity of candidates that reflects the ‘all’ of the society we are designing with and for. We are happy to hear about and explore reasonable adjustments that we could make which mean that the role would be attractive to a greater diversity of person. This includes the ability to work from home, flexible working, compressed hours or other arrangements.
To apply please send a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for this role.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.