We are currently recruiting for a Drug and Alcohol Recovery Worker for our Bristol North Hub location. The role will involve working collaboratively with GPs, partners and other community and healthcare professionals to broker tailored treatment and support packages which meet our clients' bio-psychosocial and clinical needs.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- You will conduct comprehensive bio-psychosocial and clinical needs assessments enabling service users to reflect on and identify issues central to their eventual recovery i.e. drug and alcohol use, emotional wellbeing, finances, legal issues, housing, social functioning etc.
- Develop and maximise service users' personal strengths, social networks and recovery capital (social, human and cultural) throughout their recovery.
- Work collaboratively and proactively with other members of staff, volunteers, mentors and partner services to ensure that services are fully co-ordinated and working collectively towards the achievement of recovery goals and positive outcomes for each individual service user.
For more information please see the Job Description and Person Specification in the Downloads section.
To excel in this role, you will need:
- Experience of working within the area of substance misuse and with vulnerable individuals.
- Good knowledge of harm reduction in its broadest sense.
- The ability to demonstrate a commitment to service user recovery and reintegration.
The ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team