Please enter your email address to proceed with the application.
We recognised your email address. Sign in to prefill your application.
Step 1 out of 4
Your CV has been uploaded successfully.
Step 1 out of 4
It's time to upload your CV:
Step 2 out of 4
Add a cover letter to maximise your chances of getting this job.
Step 4 out of 4
Whoop! Your application is ready to be submitted.
Step 3 out of 4
Almost done! Please enter your details.
Want to tailor your application?
Go through the usual application process to upload a new CV and cover letter.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
Development in Action (DiA) is a youth-led and volunteer-run development education charity working to engage young people in the UK in global issues and to promote global citizenship. We do this through delivering youth workshops, hosting public events, providing an online platform for young people to engage, and working with partners in India to offer a sustainable and responsible internship programme in India.
Mobilising resources is key for DiA to continue delivering and developing our programmes. The role of the Fundraising Officer will be ideal for a creative individual looking to shape the way a small youth-led charity accesses funding. The successful candidate will have experience in proposal writing and/or public speaking, and be looking to use these skills to support DiA.
▪ Lead on the development and writing of proposals for submission to potential donors.
▪ Identify relevant funding streams, including trusts, foundations and corporations.
▪ Build and manage existing/new relationships with donors and other key external stakeholders.
▪ Maintain and update DiA’s CRM system.
▪ Organise and deliver fundraising events, with the support of the rest of the committee.
▪ Work with the rest of the committee to implement the fundraising plan.
Skills, qualities and experience
▪ Understanding of/experience in fundraising, preferably in trusts and grants.
▪ Demonstrable clear and persuasive written communication skills.
▪ An affinity for networking.
▪ Ability to meet multiple deadlines.
▪ Comfortable working independently and in a team.
Time commitment: 2-4 hours per week. A minimum commitment of 6 months would be desirable for this role.
Please send a CV and covering letter (maximum of two sides of A4 each) explaining why you are interested in the role by 5pm on Sunday 12th May.
Shortlisting for this post will take place soon after the closing date. Initial interviews will take place via skype at the end of May.