How to apply
Development Initiatives (DI) fights the causes of poverty on an international scale. Our mission is to ensure that decisions about the allocation of finance and resources result in an end to poverty, increase the resilience of the world’s most vulnerable people, and leave no one behind.
We are currently looking for an IT Officer to join our team in Bristol and support the smooth running of our IT systems and networks.
- Salary of £20,000 – £23,000 per annum
- Pension (5% of salary)
- 25 days’ holiday + option to buy/sell holiday
- Up to five days’ paid leave for charitable work volunteering to address poverty and/or help vulnerable people
- Smart casual dress code policy
- Flexitime and homeworking options
- Cycle to work scheme
- Simply Health Cash scheme with employee assistance programme
- Paid professional fees and study leave
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption/sick leave policies
If you’re an IT professional with troubleshooting experience, this is an amazing opportunity to develop your career in the charity sector and support an organisation that’s combatting poverty on a global scale.
Joining a passionate team within a relaxed office environment, you’ll find we offer a comprehensive package with plenty of value-adding benefits as well as perks and extras that make working for us even better.
As an IT Officer, you’ll monitor and maintain our computer systems and networks.
This key role will involve providing technical support to users, software and hardware installation and configuration, technical troubleshooting and technical infrastructure maintenance.
You may also have the chance to get involved with projects to help our organisation operate more efficiently across our sites, making this the ideal role in which to make a real impact.
Additionally, you will:
- Diagnose technical faults, both in the office and remotely
- Help to test new IT systems and processes
- Assist with user profile administration and asset register management
To join us as an IT Officer, you will need:
- Experience of troubleshooting issues
- Strong knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent listening skills and the ability to ask the right questions to quickly resolve technical issues
- At a minimum, five GCSEs (or equivalent) including Maths, English and IT
A higher level IT qualification would be beneficial, as would a technical understanding of any of the following: Microsoft Azure, Veeam, WatchGuard Firewall and Live Security, Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi, Slack, Box, CRM systems, Windows server (2008 R2, 2012, 2019), Access Dimensions and Access Group products or Symantec.
We’d like to hear from you if you’ve worked as an IT Support Technician, 1st Line Support Technician, Technical Support Advisor, IT Support Analyst, Helpdesk Technician, IT Service Desk Technician or Technical Support Analyst.
Development Initiatives is an equal opportunities employer and in line with our policies, we aim to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origin, age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation or disability.
So, if you are ready for your next step as an IT Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.