How to apply
Content & Publications Officer (Maternity Cover Contract)
Are you a copywriter with editorial management experience? Want to do something great with your career and join a not-for-profit that’s dedicated to ending poverty on a worldwide scale? If so, you may be the Content & Publications Officer we’re looking for.
Development Initiatives (DI) fights the causes of poverty on an international scale through the use of data to help drive sustainable development and the allocation of finance and resources to the right areas at the right time.
Due to internal promotion, we’re now looking for a Content & Publications Officer to join us on a nine month maternity contract and help us to effectively communicate our cause.
- Salary of £24,000 – £27,000 pro rata
- Flexible working arrangements
- Pension scheme with 5% contribution
- Health cash scheme with employee assistance programme
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave and sick pay policies
- Casual dress code
- Offices just five minutes from Temple Meads train station
- Up to five days’ paid leave to volunteer for a cause that addresses poverty or helps vulnerable people
- 25 days’ holiday pro rata plus Bank Holidays and discretionary paid time off at Christmas
This is a brilliant opportunity to take on an exciting contract and help shape the voice and image of a forward-thinking not-for-profit with an ambition to transform the world through data.
We are truly passionate about our vision and provide a culture of transparency and innovation where teams are encouraged to think outside the box and empowered to perform at their best.
So, if you’re looking for the chance to be a part of something bigger and utilise your creativity for a fantastic cause, we’d love to hear from you.
As a Content & Publications Officer, you’ll help to bring DI’s print and digital products to life, focusing particularly on producing high-quality content and maintaining our brand integrity.
Bringing your passion for clarity, accessibility and publishing best practice to the table, you will:
- Ensure high standards across all our outputs (briefing papers, reports, factsheets, web copy, blogs and multimedia content)
- Manage the content production process, including overseeing external suppliers
- Proofread and edit content
- Oversee the publications inbox and calendar
- Develop, maintain and upload website content
- Repurpose content for different channels and audiences
To join us as a Content & Publications Officer, you’ll need:
- Copywriting, editorial management and proofreading experience
- Experience of using a Web Content Management System, such as WordPress
- A degree level qualification
We’d love to hear from you if you’ve worked as a Content Executive, Marketing Executive, Copywriter, Content Writer, Writer, Editor, Communications Executive, Content Officer or Publications Officer.
Development Initiatives is an equal opportunities employer and in line with our policies, we aim to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origin, age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation or disability.
So, if you’re seeking your next step as a Content & Publications Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 35 hours a week