We have a new and exciting opportunity for a Finance Business Partner to join our team. This is not your typical ‘accountant’ position and has been created to add much-needed capacity to the Finance Team on project accounting. The postholder will provide financial support and guidance to large grant-funded programmes and will assist in financial management of some consultancy projects. They will be partnering with the programme and project staff, and will therefore be working with staff with a differing degrees of financial experience.
- Prepare budgets and financial proposals for projects.
- Support Project Managers with budget reforecasts, cost recovery and income recognition calculations.
- Review and interpret financial information and prepare monthly project reports for Programme and Project Managers.
- Track project budgets and monitor project expenditure.
- Review project finance procedures and methodology and suggest improvements and/or develop methodology where appropriate.
- Ensure client/donor compliance requirements are met in financial records and reporting.
- Provide oversight of contract and funding agreement requirements and ensure relevant personnel are informed of obligations.
We are looking for someone who is adaptable, agile and able to demonstrate an analytical and methodical approach to problem-solving. The ideal candidate will have a proven ability to develop budgets and forecasting expenditure and be skilled in analysing financial data using Excel at an advanced level.
You will need to have at least 2 years’ experience of working in a similar project-focused position and be educated to degree level in social sciences, economics, international development (or similar) or have equivalent relevant experience and be at least part-qualified in one of the following: ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent.
If you would like to contribute to increasing the impact of a dynamic organisation committed to ending poverty, we would love to hear from you. Please download and read the full recruitment pack and apply with your CV and cover letter to our online application portal.
Early applications are highly encouraged; we will be reviewing submissions as they arrive, and interviews will be held periodically. As we are recruiting on a rolling basis, we reserve the right to end recruitment without notice.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.