Monitoring, Evaluation, Impact & Learning Lead
Flexible UK Location (ideally within a commutable distance of Bristol)
Development Initiatives (DI) is an international development organisation that focuses on putting data-driven decision-making at the heart of poverty eradication.
Our vision is a world without poverty that invests in human security and where everyone shares the benefits of opportunity and growth.
We provide rigorous information to support better decisions, influence policy outcomes, increase accountability and strengthen the use of data to eradicate poverty.
We are currently seeking a Monitoring, Evaluation, Impact & Learning (MEIL) Lead to join our team and take on an engaging office and home-based role.
- Salary of £40,000 - £45,000 per annum, dependent on experience and location weighting
- Pension (5% of salary)
- 25 days’ holiday + option to buy/sell holiday
- Up to five days’ paid leave for charitable work volunteering to address poverty and/or help vulnerable people
- Smart casual dress code policy
- Flexitime and homeworking options
- Cycle to work scheme
- Simply Health Cash scheme with employee assistance programme
- Paid professional fees and study leave
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption/sick leave policies
If you are an experienced professional with experience of monitoring the impact of research and policy change programmes and a track record within policy units, think tanks or CSOs, this is an exciting opportunity to help a ground-breaking organisation perform at their best.
Your work will enable us to grow, improve the way we work and support us to achieve our vision of ending world poverty and creating sustainable communities.
As the Monitoring, Evaluation, Impact & Learning Lead, you will play a vital role in helping Development Initiatives to measure the impact of our work. We seek to trace the cause and effect of our research and data on policymaking and poverty reduction.
Specifically, you will provide expertise and leadership to our organisation, building upon existing MEIL systems and working across all content areas to ensure we deliver on our strategic objectives and make impact through our work.
Specifically, you will:
- Guide and support us to effectively plan for, measure, report on and learn about our outcomes and impact
- Ensure that we embed the concept of impact throughout our projects and portfolios
- Form close relationships with theme leads, engagement leads and project sponsors
- Work closely with our Head of Development to ensure that clear frameworks for impact are created
- Help inform our impact narrative for marketing and branding purposes
- Ensure that the project management systems for MEIL are robust and aligned with our approach
- Identify the impact of research and data on policymaking and poverty reduction
To join us as a Monitoring, Evaluation, Impact & Learning Lead, you will need:
- Previous experience of monitoring the impact of research and policy change programmes
- To have worked with policy units and/or with think tanks, CSOs or similar
- Experience of developing and delivering effective training and capacity building programmes and learning
- An understanding of development processes with experience and knowledge of policies around poverty-related issues and/or open data and development
- Knowledge of best practices and industry standards in monitoring, evaluation, impact, and learning
We would like to hear from you if you have worked as a Project Manager, Monitoring, Evaluation & Impact Manager, MEIL Manager, Monitoring & Impact Manager, Project Impact & Evaluation Manager, or Project Impact Manager.
The closing date for this role is the 21st August 2020.
Webrecruit and Development Initiatives are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking an engaging role as our Monitoring, Evaluation, Impact & Learning Lead, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.