DFN Project SEARCH is a business-led transition to work programme, helping young people with learning disabilities and autism into work. Nationally only 5.9% of people with special educational needs and disabilities gain permanent paid employment in the UK yet 70% of DFN Project SEARCH graduates gain jobs, 60% of them achieving full-time permanent roles. Our unique programmes have been established in various prestigious employers such as Hospitals, Local Authorities, Universities, Laboratories and a variety of Private Sector Businesses.
The primary purpose of this role is to develop and deliver an integrated digital content and marketing strategy, engaging our core partners and helping to raise general awareness of DFN Project SEARCH among new audiences. You will be responsible for the management of the DFN Foundation and DFN Project SEARCH website, social media platforms, and email marketing.
You will plan, create, and post regular content, analyse content performance, and increase engagement with our target audiences, including young people with learning disabilities and autism, businesses, education providers, local authorities, supported employment agencies, and central Government departments.
- Design an overarching digital strategy for DFN Foundation and Project SEARCH, that feeds into our general communications strategy.
- Maximise engagement with current followers.
- Attract new, diverse audiences across online and digital platforms.
- Oversee the implementation of this strategy by creating, sourcing, scheduling, and posting content across DFN’s social media channels, website, and marketing emails.
- Have knowledge of how to design posts and content using Adobe InDesign (or similar software) and marketing email software.
- Monitor and report on the impact of this content using relevant, data-driven analytics and making necessary adjustments to refine the digital strategy.
- Provide timely professional advice and assistance to our partners, as required, including the promotion of partner content and sourcing new content for our own channels.
- Support the creation of a DFN Foundation and DFN Project SEARCH content bank, sourcing or commissioning new imagery, footage case studies and visual data content.
- Support wider team with some simple design elements relating to presentation and marketing material.
- Demonstrate effective project planning and preparation.
Code of Conduct
- All post holders working within DFN Project SEARCH should be aware of and share the commitment to safeguard and promote the welfare of young people and adults at risk of harm and will be required to comply with our safeguarding policy and go through all safer recruitment checks.
- Avoid any action or behaviour which may conflict in any way with the work and services provided by DFN Project SEARCH or which may bring the charity into disrepute.
- Act in accordance with the charity’s current and future policies, procedures, guidelines, and relevant codes of practice, which aim to ensure the highest possible standards of professionalism.
- To maintain, sensitive and confidential information securely, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998; to contribute to the collation of information for statistical, monitoring and evaluation purposes.
- To develop and maintain appropriate boundaries of confidentiality in relation to employees, Associates, and any other person(s) that may be concerned with the charity’s business.
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in digital communications/marketing.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Experience with Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, Adobe Creative Suite, MailChimp, and Google AdWords.
- Experience of working in the third sector.
- Postgraduate qualification in digital marketing, such as CIM Certificate/Diploma in Professional Marketing or IDM Professional Diploma in Digital/Data-Driven Marketing.
Knowledge and Understanding
- Knowledge of various social media platforms and emerging trends in technology.
- Sensitive to and informed about the challenges faced by young people with autism and learning disabilities in the UK.
Skills and Abilities
- Highly technologically literate.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to take the initiative and to manage your own workload.
- Ability to condense large amounts of information into concise, impactful messages.
- Detail-orientated, creative mindset.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.