Our Services Teams help and support people to live well with diabetes. With a determined vision, to transform lives, we tackle the problems and challenges that people can sometimes face through providing a range of services that offer hope and solutions. We provide practical support through our Customer Care Centre, our Helpline, the Online Forum, our tailored events and support for children and families with type 1 diabetes, our programme on physical activity and through our digital Learning Zone. We co-ordinate the work we do for people with type 1 diabetes and we also run the major diabetes professional and academic conference in the UK.
First Stage Interviews: w/c 29 March 2021
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,500 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working as part of our approach to activity based working
- Discounts on gym membership
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan* (on completion of your probation period and if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- Cycle to work scheme* (eligible for scheme if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
*Some benefits aren't available until you've passed your probation period and are dependent on the length of contract.
As Assistant Director of Services you will play a pivotal role in the leadership and growth of our services and support for people with diabetes, ensuring continued operational excellence.
You will ensure that our services are aligned to our strategic goals and are suitably scaled to meet required need. You will build strong external partnerships, to ensure reach is achieved, and that more beneficiaries are supported. You will build, lead and develop a high performing team. You will also play a key charity wide strategic leadership role as the co-lead for our Outcome Living Well.
To be considered, you must be a leader who can build on the strengths of a great team, who is passionate about delivering high quality support services on a UK wide scale. You must have demonstrable experience of developing operational excellence and of working with people affected by health inequalities to inform service delivery. You must have experience in leading innovations, and implementing new service models within the strategic development of a portfolio of services. Your skills in shaping and leading the strategic thinking and direction of programmes of work will benefit our Outcome Living Well.
You will also find more detail about the role within the recruitment pack and the following video by the Director of Operation.