This is an exciting time to join Diabetes UK. Our new strategy sets out bold ambitions to support those living with diabetes, prevent Type 2, make research breakthroughs in diabetes and ultimately, find a cure. In order to achieve this mission, effective capture, management, cleaning and enhancement of our data is essential. Over the last few years the charity has grown and with it the amount of events we run, developments, complexity, and the number of sources data is received from, and the need for our services has never been stronger.
This role will be reporting directly into the Information Systems and Engagement Manager, working closely with the information's systems team. You will be responsible for engaging stakeholders across the business to understand system, process and data requirements, and agree and implement solutions. This is an exciting role with the opportunity to drive real changes to ways of working within DUK, to develop best practice and support decision making in a busy environment and help us build better relationships with those who benefit from our services, and those who support us to achieve our goal of a world where diabetes can do no harm.
Interview Date(s): TBC
We would consider flexibility on where this role could be based
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,500 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working as part of our approach to activity based working
- Discounts on gym membership
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan* (on completion of your probation period and if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- Cycle to work scheme* (eligible for scheme if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
*Some benefits aren't available until you've passed your probation period and are dependent on the length of contract.
* Analyse complex business scenarios to distil and document the accompanying data flows
* Preparing business requirements, documenting 'As Is' and 'To Be' processes and data flows and agreeing remedial activity to move teams to the 'To Be' state.
* Developing functional and non-functional requirements for assigned projects.
* Analysing current solutions and producing documents that help to define the components of the solution design and how it works together.
* Collaborate with team on Analysis and impact assessment of options.
* Completing the documentation, analysis, design of solutions.
* Supporting on the development and testing of solutions.
* Working with stakeholders, users to elicit and document business requirements, investigate business concerns, identify and document risks, and document options for the solutions.
* Supporting the project team throughout the project lifecycle as an integral part of the project team
This role will suit someone who is motivated by finding practical solutions to business problems, delivering benefit, and working with multiple stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle in a multi-faceted role. You will need to be flexible and able to switch "hats" seamlessly, to drive progress across multiple projects and workstreams within a programme of change in the Information Systems Department.