We are seeking a highly motivated, skilled and experienced Business Development Manager to pursue and secure funding for key organisational goals. Your focus will be on high value funders, in particular corporate trusts and strategic trusts. Alongside managing your own portfolio of donors, you will identify funding opportunities and develop assets and cases for support for the wider team to take to market. You will be joining an ambitious Philanthropy and Partnerships team at an exciting time as we launch our new outcome focused strategy, which puts partnership at the heart of all that we do.
Interview Dates: 18 & 19 March 2020
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,500 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working as part of our approach to activity based working
- Discounts on gym membership
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan (on completion of your probation period)
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- Cycle to work scheme (eligible for scheme if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
*Some benefits aren't available until you've passed your probation period and are dependent on the length of contract.
As the Business Development Manager, you will work closely with the wider Philanthropy and Partnerships team and senior colleagues from across the organisation to identify funding opportunities and areas where we can partner to achieve social impact and strategic goals.
You will develop cases for support for this work, which you will use to approach corporate foundations, family trusts and strategic trusts, generating significant income in support of our work. You will also work across the Philanthropy and Partnership team, and with the Research and Operations Lead, to develop a pipeline of projects for the team to fundraise against, facilitating strategic partnership development and cross-team working.
Your fundraising expertise, strategic vision, relationship building skills, and ability develop compelling cases for support will result in you and the wider team growing income on a multi-year basis.
- Experience of trust, major donor and/or corporate fundraising, with experience generating six figure donations from a range of funders
- Effectively managed a portfolio of high value donors, from income generation to grant management
- Excellent relationship building skills internally and externally
- Strong bid and case for support writing skills, and experience developing high value tools/assets that can be deployed by a wider team
- Understanding of high value fundraising mechanisms, funding cycles and giving trends
- Experience co-creating partnership opportunities with delivery teams and funders