As Community Fundraising Manager you will be responsible for overseeing the fundraising activities across the Midlands and Eastern region of the UK. You will manage your own patch in the East Midlands, and manage a team of 2 regionally based fundraisers to manage their respective patches.
We have a friendly and inclusive working environment here at Diabetes UK and are proud of our hybrid approach which allows great flexibility in the way that we work. This means that you can balance your working time between home and the office, subject to the needs of your role.
Interview date: 6 December 2023
Please note that all job offers are subject to you providing acceptable evidence of your eligibility to work in the UK.
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part-time)
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,600 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working as part of our approach to activity based working (not applicable to roles with fixed shift patterns)
- 2 Days TOIL in recognition of fixed shift patterns (pro-rata for part-time)
- Discounts on gym membership
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan* (on completion of your probation period and if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- Cycle to work scheme* (eligible for scheme if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
*Some benefits aren't available until you've passed your probation period and are dependent on the length of contract.
You will be responsible for overseeing the community fundraising activity across the Midlands and Eastern region of the UK, supporting the Senior Management Team to deliver the national Community Fundraising strategy.
You will manage your own patch in the East Midlands, as well as manage 2 regionally based fundraisers to manage their respective patches covering the West Midlands and the Eastern region. You'll focus on creating amazing experiences for individuals, corporates and community organisations, building loyalty and lifetime value for the organisation.
You will have experience in executing ambitious regional growth plans within Community Fundraising, with demonstrable examples of achieving income growth. You will have a passion for building excellent relationships with your supporters to increase loyalty and life-long relationships with the charity.
You will have demonstrable experience of using insight and data to make recommendations for income growth and to further support relationships with supporters.
It is desirable, but not essential, that you have experience in directly managing staff members. But you could be the ideal person for this role if you have transferable skills in developing others to create an environment of support and high performance, and a passion to develop in this area.