As Corporate Partnership Officer you will play a vital role in securing new business and supporting account management across a number of high-profile accounts, including the Tesco Health Charity Partnership.
The majority of your time will focus on our existing portfolio of partners, leading on accounts, and supporting the day to day delivery of our high value accounts. You will also be responsible for securing new business with partners, as well as supporting the new business team in their wider work.
You will be joining an ambitious Philanthropy and Partnerships team at an exciting time as we continue to deliver against our outcome focused strategy, which puts partnership at the heart of all that we do.
Interview Date: From 9 December 2020
We would consider flexibility on where this role could be based
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,500 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working as part of our approach to activity based working
- Discounts on gym membership
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan (on completion of your probation period)
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- Cycle to work scheme (eligible for scheme if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
*Some benefits aren't available until you've passed your probation period and are dependent on the length of contract.
In the role of Corporate Partnership Officer you will work closely with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders. Working alongside colleagues across the Philanthropy & Partnerships team you will share learning and best practise for both account management and new business acquisition. You will network with colleagues across Diabetes UK to ensure that partnerships are developed and delivered in line with our 2020-25 organisational strategy. Outside of Diabetes UK you will ensure an excellent donor experience is given to all external stakeholders, through effective engagement and stewardship.
A key focus of your role will be supporting on the Tesco Health Charity Partnership, a sector leading partnership which brings us together with the UK's leading retailer and two high profile charities, the British Heart Foundation and Cancer Research UK. You will also work across other key strategic partnerships with well-known brands, including Boots and Britvic.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, in order to be an ambassador for the Philanthropy & Partnership team and Diabetes UK more widely.
- Experience of corporate partnership working, either working for a charity with corporate partners or in the commercial sector with charity partners.
- Thrives under pressure. Able to manage time and competing priorities, specifically in the context of balancing a portfolio of partners or stakeholders.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills, with an ability to develop existing partnerships or secure new business to meet targets and deliver return on investment.