As the Information Governance Strategy Lead at Diabetes UK, you will be responsible for driving the delivery of the Taking Care of Personal Data Project. This is Diabetes UK's ongoing data protection compliance project.
As the successful candidate for this role, you will work closely with the Head of Legal and Compliance and other members of the Legal and Compliance team including the Information Governance team. You will also work closely with other key stakeholders within Diabetes UK to successfully drive and complete the TCPD project
Interview Date(s): TBC
We would consider flexibility on where this role could be based
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,500 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working as part of our approach to activity based working
- Discounts on gym membership
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan (on completion of your probation period)
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- Cycle to work scheme (eligible for scheme if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
*Some benefits aren't available until you've passed your probation period and are dependent on the length of contract.
Bringing our vision and framework to life, ensuring that we deliver on the various components in a practical and compliant manner including policies, processes and guidance.
Working with colleagues to clearly communicate and obtain buy in to the TCPD project
Design and deliver training on the TCPD project
Ensure accurate and timely reporting on progress to the various Diabetes UK working groups.
Someone with an Information Governance/Data Protection experience who has effectively delivered change programmes perhaps as part of GDPR compliance.
The ability to communicate clearly and influence key stakeholders
Deliver engaging and relevant training
Help promote a positive compliance culture around information governance.
For further details please refer to the detailed job description.