At Diabetes UK we are striving to help people live well and longer with diabetes and to cure or prevent the condition. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, organised and proactive individual. As the eCommerce and Trading Executive in a busy and thriving team you will play a critical role to grow sales via our online shop and offline activity and deliver the best customer experience. Engaging staff, supporters and the public to maximise impact and inspire people to support our life-changing work.
Interview Dates: W/C 18 October 2021
We would consider flexibility on where this role could be based
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,500 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working as part of our approach to activity based working
- Discounts on gym membership
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan* (on completion of your probation period and if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- Cycle to work scheme* (eligible for scheme if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
*Some benefits aren't available until you've passed your probation period and are dependent on the length of contract.
You will lead on project management, delivery and analysis of digital and direct marketing for our online shop and offline activity. Engaging existing and new customers by delivering an excellent customer experience which inspires and mobilises repeat purchasing. Be responsible for the day-to-day management of e-Commerce platforms and our mail order catalogue. Source and develop merchandise with a focus on products for people with diabetes. Work with third party suppliers, including negotiating on price and where appropriate lead on new product design requirements. Lead on the daily management of our fulfilment house ensuring efficient and effective processes are in place. Deliver and optimise eCommerce & Trading activities ensuring we continually improve and innovate.
You are an experienced eCommerce and Trading Executive with a strong knowledge of ecommerce platforms. Development of tactical merchandising and promotion plans. Work closely with the marketing channel owners, providing insight and guidance on marketing efficiency. Be adept at forecasting sales and stock requirements. With strong fundraising techniques and strengths in customer acquisition and retention. Be able to demonstrate clear evidence of effective planning, project management and successful delivery of marketing activities. Be passionate about delivering an excellent customer experience. Be highly organised to work independently with the confidence to make decisions.
Please note that all job offers are subject to you providing acceptable evidence of your eligibility to work in the UK. You might find the following resources useful:
- To view a full list of accepted documents and the checks employers are required to make
- To view guidance on proving your right to work to an employer
If you have any questions, please contact