Head of Philanthropy and Partnerships
We are seeking an exceptional fundraiser to grow and optimise high value activities and income through the leadership of Diabetes UK's Philanthropy & Partnerships team. Responsible for managing stakeholder relationships (internally and externally) and working in a strategic, integrated way to achieve income targets will be critical. This role has Organisation wide impact and delivers lasting value for the organisation via current and prospective relationships with philanthropists, corporates, trusts and foundations. We already have game changing and award winning partnerships with the likes of the Steve Morgan Foundation and Tesco, this role will build on those partnerships to deliver even more impact for those affected by diabetes.
We have a friendly and inclusive working environment here at Diabetes UK and are proud of our hybrid approach which allows great flexibility in the way that we work. This means that you can balance your working time between home and the office, subject to the needs of your role.
Stage 1: 4 December 2023
Stage 2: 11 December 2023
Please note that all job offers are subject to you providing acceptable evidence of your eligibility to work in the UK.
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part-time)
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,600 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working as part of our approach to activity based working (not applicable to roles with fixed shift patterns)
- 2 Days TOIL in recognition of fixed shift patterns (pro-rata for part-time)
- Discounts on gym membership
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan* (on completion of your probation period and if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- Cycle to work scheme* (eligible for scheme if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
*Some benefits aren't available until you've passed your probation period and are dependent on the length of contract.
The role is responsible for leading an award winning team to generate significant lasting value for the organisation. It leads on developing and implementing our high value partnership strategy to create a step change in income from all of our high value activity (corporate, philanthropy, trusts and statutory). The role will set and monitor budgets and targets whilst developing and managing senior level relationships both internally and externally. The post holder would be expected to personally secure and manage high value relationships (with a value of £100k+).
This role is a transformational role helping to support Diabetes UK to grow and develop high value strategic partnerships and this role is a critical part of achieving our long term vision to support people with and at risk of diabetes. It is critical that we match compelling funding opportunities with well thought out external partners, contributing to a step change in our income over the next few years. We recognise that diabetes is an urgent and growing challenge that can only be tackled in partnership.
A strong and adaptable leader, you will be comfortable at working collaboratively with senior stakeholder both internally and externally. You will have significant leadership experience in at least two areas from Corporate, Major Donor, Trust or Statutory fundraising at a senior management level, delivering gifts with a value of £100k+. You will be able to bring out the best in your team leading authentically, empathically, and with vision and purpose with a passion for the cause knowing what it takes to create and develop a high performing team. You will understand the external funding environment and the value of strategic partnerships and how to drive these forward to achieve our ambitions.
Diabetes UK is committed to fundraise in a way that is legal, open, honest and respectful and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We are registered with the Fundraising Regulator and you will be expected to adhere to the Code of Fundraising Practice.