In January 2019, Diabetes UK launched its new Healthcare Improvement team as part of our commitment to transform diabetes care. The goal of the team is to help the NHS across the UK unlock its potential for improvement. We do this by combining our deep knowledge of what works when driving change on the ground with practical support to improve diabetes care delivered through our sector-leading improvement programmes (such as our improving inpatient care programme).
Interview Date: 14 May 2021
We would consider flexibility on where this role could be based
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,500 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working as part of our approach to activity based working
- Discounts on gym membership
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan* (on completion of your probation period and if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- Cycle to work scheme* (eligible for scheme if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
*Some benefits aren't available until you've passed your probation period and are dependent on the length of contract.
We have made good progress in improving the quality and standards of diabetes care in recent years. But much more needs to be done. As a Healthcare Improvement Associate Consultant in our Healthcare Improvement Team, you'll play a vital role in helping the NHS across the UK unlock its potential for improving diabetes care. You will play an important role in supporting our work to improve inpatient diabetes care and facilitate other improvement activities across the team.
Are you looking for a chance to improve healthcare for millions of people across the UK?
In the Healthcare Improvement team we don't just accept the status quo - we challenge it. As the ideal candidate for this role you will be passionate about improving healthcare services and experimental by nature. You will thrive on challenge and find practical steps to take in the face of complexity and ambiguity.
You will be deeply committed to yours and others' personal and professional development.