To Information Governance Manager will operate as part of the Taking Care of Personal Data Project team, working to ensure Diabetes UK complies with the General Data Protection Regulation, Data Protection Act 2018 and other relevant legislation such as the ePrivacy regulations.
The Information Governance Manager will provide expert advice and recommendations to the Taking Care of Personal Data (TCPD) project team where required. Together with the TCPD Project Lead, the role will provide a compliance structure for information governance and ensure that personal information is dealt with legally, securely and efficiently across the organisation.
Interview Date: Week commencing 21 Oct 2019
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,600 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working
- Discounts on gym membership and days out
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- Cycle to work scheme (eligible for scheme if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
*Some benefits aren't available until you've passed your probation period and are dependent on the length of contract.
- Advise the Project Team on information governance legislation, including Data Protection, Privacy and Electronic Communications, Freedom of Information and Payment Card Industry compliance
- Ensure appropriate policies and consistent, secure and efficient processes are in place for all areas of information governance which support the achievement of the TCPD Project's objectives
- Contribute to the review and maintenance of the Information Asset register and provide training to Information Asset owners/administrators
- Demonstrable experience eliciting business and technical requirements, able to analyse and bring a critical mind-set to develop compliance-technical solutions
- Working knowledge of Data Protection regulations
- Effectively manage working relationships, in particular driving engagement among non-technical stakeholders
- Able to pro-actively seek out opportunities to make an impact whilst maintaining shared standards of work across a team