Fundraising Events are an important area of growth for Diabetes UK's Engagement and Fundraising Directorate. We have seen some great successes in our Diabetes UK bespoke challenges both in terms of acquisition and fundraised income, growing from c.3000 event participants to more than 30,000 in the last three years.
It is an exciting time to join what is a busy, successful and growing Fundraising Events & Mass Participation Team as we take the opportunity to capitalise on significant additional investment to keep growing our challenges and improving the experience we offer supporters.
Interview Date: 6 March 2020
Interviews will be taking place in Whitechapel, London and we would consider flexibility on where this role could be based.
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,500 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working as part of our approach to activity based working
- Discounts on gym membership
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan (on completion of your probation period)
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- Cycle to work scheme (eligible for scheme if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
*Some benefits aren't available until you've passed your probation period and are dependent on the length of contract.
- Project manage and develop specific mass participation event products, such as Swim22, One Million Step Challenge and our London Bridges Challenge
- Prototype, test and launch new mass participation events with the objective of developing new and sustainable income streams.
- Contribute to and deliver income and expenditure budgets, ensuring the best return on investment for Diabetes UK
- Deliver events and ensure all legal, health and safety, risk assessments and crisis management requirements are met
The ideal candidate will have a solid track record marketing and delivering successful mass participation activity, as well as having excellent communication and project management skills. We are looking to recruit someone who can:
- Project manage multiple mass participation events
- Prototype, develop and launch to market new mass participation concepts
- Effectively manage internal and external stakeholders, including relationships with agencies
- Plan, manage and evaluate event day logistics
- Prepare and manage budgets
- Develop, implement and evaluate marketing strategies and communication plans