We are seeking a highly motivated, skilled and experienced Partnerships Manager to manage and develop strategic partnerships to achieve key organisational goals. Your focus will be on high value partnerships with industry, managing a portfolio of strategic partners, securing significant income and non-financial value for the organisation. You will support with transitioning partnerships from the new business team to account management team and identify how existing partnerships can be leveraged and developed.
You will prioritise retention and account renewal, working with leaders across the organisation to align partnership goals with organisational goals, manage risk and work with the wider Philanthropy and Partnerships team to develop best practice in terms of account planning, budgeting, staff engagement, grant management and partnership governance. You will be joining an ambitious Philanthropy and Partnerships team at an exciting time as we launch our new outcome focused strategy, which puts partnership at the heart of all that we do.
Interview date: 8/9 February 2021
We would consider flexibility on where this role could be based
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,500 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working as part of our approach to activity based working
- Discounts on gym membership
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan* (on completion of your probation period and if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- Cycle to work scheme* (eligible for scheme if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
*Some benefits aren't available until you've passed your probation period and are dependent on the length of contract.
As the Partnerships Manager, you will work closely with the wider Philanthropy and Partnerships team and senior colleagues from across the organisation to identify funding opportunities and areas where we work through existing partners to achieve social impact and strategic goals.
Working with the Business Development Manager and Research and Operations team, you will maximise value from partnership and facilitate cross team working. Your fundraising expertise, strategic vision, relationship building skills, and ability to spot opportunities for existing partners to develop will result in you and the wider team growing income on a multi-year basis.
- A corporate specialist whose experience may have been gained in charity or commercial sector, B2B, company CSR dept. or any other environment involved in developing multi-faceted strategic relationships, resulting in significant financial return.
- Experience managing a portfolio of high value £100k+ partnerships, from income generation to account development
- Excellent relationship building skills, internally and externally
- Strong presentation and writing skills, and experience developing high value tools/assets that can be deployed by a wider team
- Understanding of high value fundraising mechanisms, funding cycles and giving trends
- Experience co-creating partnership opportunities with delivery teams and funders
- Possessing strong budgeting, organisational and planning skills, you will have experience developing and reporting back on account plans that reflect shared objectives and goals