As Partnership Manager (New Business) you will work closely with the Senior Manager to identify and secure new strategic corporate partnerships. These partnerships will be purpose-led, as well as income generating, ensuring their long-term sustainability and impact beyond just generating financial return. You will be part of a dynamic and ambitious Philanthropy and Partnerships Team, working both collaboratively and independently to identify opportunities and secure new income from corporates. You'll be a creative self-starter, with the ability to think strategically and outside the box to give us the competitive edge.
Interview Dates: 17 & 18 December 2020
We would consider flexibility on where this role could be based
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,500 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working as part of our approach to activity based working
- Discounts on gym membership
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan (on completion of your probation period)
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- Cycle to work scheme (eligible for scheme if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
*Some benefits aren't available until you've passed your probation period and are dependent on the length of contract.
Corporate new business at Diabetes UK has grown in recent years, and we now have a greater range of partners, supporting a wider range of work, than ever before. As the Partnership Manager for New Business, you will be responsible for creating purpose-led, multifaced partnerships. You will lead on creating and delivering compelling pitches to prospective partners, working with colleagues across Diabetes UK and the partner organisation. You will be responsible for project managing internal and external partnership launches. You will also be responsible for piloting innovative new business approaches with multiple partners to generate sustained, long term income growth from new corporate partnerships, across a wide range of sectors.
The postholder will work closely with the Corporate Account Management Team to ensure a smooth transition of new accounts from new business. You will work across the wider Philanthropy & Partnerships Team to create a strong pipeline of prospective partners, compelling cases for support and exciting cultivation events. You will work closely with the Team to monitor Partnerships' effectiveness to inform our wider work and contribute to planning, budgeting and reporting on income targets to ensure sustained income growth. You should possess strong relationship building and influencing skills, fundraising expertise with a sound knowledge of what drives business to create shared value to enable us to grow income and the non-financial value we derive from partnerships now and in the future.
- Sound knowledge of corporate partnership development whose experience may have been gained in charity or commercial sector, B2B or company CSR dept.
- The ability to influence with impact and possess strong negotiation skills
- Excellent relationship building skills, internally and externally
- Strong presentation and pitching skills
- Understanding of high value fundraising mechanisms, funding cycles and giving trends
- Experience in budgeting, reporting and strategic planning