Hours: 35 hours per week
Location: Home based or hot desks at Darlington, Newcastle or Huddersfield
Salary: circa £20,000 per annum
Application Closing Date: 20 December 2017 at 10am
Interviews: w/c 22 January 2018
Diabetes is the most potentially devastating – and fastest growing – health crisis of our time, requiring ongoing high-quality care and support. There are currently 4.5 million people in the UK living with diabetes, and 11.9 million more at increased risk of getting Type 2 diabetes. Those diagnosed face the risk of life-changing, and life-limiting, complications, unless they are given the very best care and the support they need to manage their condition well. As a society we need to work together now – and take action now – to fund critical research, improve healthcare and treatment, and prevent yet more people developing this potentially life-threatening condition. We have a vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm – if you’d like to be part of that, why not join us?
Diabetes UK in the North of England is looking for a Regional Support Officer to help us organise events, engage communities and help people with diabetes improve the NHS in the Northern and Yorkshire Region.
You will be a key member of our team, working closely with volunteering colleagues and with the Improving Care Manager for Northern and Yorkshire. If you have experience of organising events, engaging communities and working in or with the NHS, then we would like to hear from you.
The role will be home-based and/or use one of our hot desks at Darlington, Newcastle or Huddersfield.
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays (pro rata)
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,600 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working
- Discounts on gym membership and days out
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual Season ticket loan
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and permanent health insurance
For more information and to apply please visit Diabetes UK
*Under the Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006, as amended in particular by the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 this post is subject to pre-employment criminal records checks through the Disclosure and Barring Scheme (DBS), Disclosure Scotland, Access NI.
Diabetes UK recognises and respects the value and diversity of all.