We are looking for an enthusiastic and engaging person to become our Regional Support Officer. You will ensure the effective continuous operation of the South East Region Office, its day-to-day running and related external and internal services. The Regional Support Officer will also be the first point of contact in the Region for information and support services for people with diabetes, their families and carers, for healthcare professionals and for the general public.
Interviews: Thursday 10 October
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,600 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working
- Discounts on gym membership and days out
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- Cycle to work scheme (eligible for scheme if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
*Some benefits aren't available until you've passed your probation period and are dependent on the length of contract.
This role is crucial in ensuring that both office administrative systems and office premises are run efficiently, including health and safety, basic IT, compliance to GDPR and maintaining adequate office supplies. You will be the first point of contact within the team and will support a small number of office volunteers. You will be responsible for developing and running a number of events across the region, including full venue and delegate management. The role works across the team and the wider organisation as well as representing the team, on occasion, at external meetings and events.
We are looking for someone with excellent administrative skills, experience of various IT packages and databases, and experience of planning and organising events. You will be an excellent, customer focused, communicator who is able to manage your own workload and meet tight deadlines.