The Diabetes UK Content Team plays a vital role in supporting the two core ambitions of our strategy - to help people live well and longer with diabetes, and to cure and prevent diabetes. As a trusted source of health information, and as we continue to respond to the changing needs of our audiences due to the pandemic, the need for our content has never been greater.
Responsible for the ownership, development and publication of Diabetes UK's patient information, educational content and magazine and lifestyle content, the Senior Content Manager leads our busy, multidisciplinary team of content experts in building in producing responsive, relevant and engaging content that is audience-first and driven by insight.
Interviews: First interview 12 May 2021
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,500 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working as part of our approach to activity based working
- Discounts on gym membership
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan* (on completion of your probation period and if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- Cycle to work scheme* (eligible for scheme if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
*Some benefits aren't available until you've passed your probation period and are dependent on the length of contract.
Responsible for managing the teams that deliver both online and offline content, including our flagship magazines and core health information. You'll guide the Content Team in delivering high-profile content that drives awareness, engagement, and conversion through our online and offline channels.
Working with key stakeholders to map out and understand current and future content needs, you will be responsible for delivering against a multi-channel content roadmap for the organisation, delivering engaging, responsive content that meets both the needs of our key audiences, and our strategic aims.
This is a senior role, and we're looking for a strong team leader who'll continue leading the team as we adapt to the needs of our audience through the pandemic.
Ideally, you'll have a strong marcomms or editorial background, and a clear, demonstrable understanding of audiences, content strategy, and knowledge of the latest creative, digital and print trends.
As our go-to content expert, you'll sit on various strategic project groups, where you'll share your expertise and ensure the highest content standards are upheld.
Being equally comfortable with numbers as you are with words, budget management experience is also required.