Diabetes UK is bringing people together to work in partnership in order to support those living with diabetes, prevent Type 2, make research breakthroughs in diabetes and ultimately, find a cure. In order to achieve this mission, effective capture, management, cleaning and enhancement of our data is essential. Over the last few years the charity has grown and with it the amount of data we process, its complexity and the number of sources data is received from. And the need for our services has never been stronger. We face unprecedented challenges in managing our data effectively and ensuring secure, prompt access can be managed across our dispersed workforce.
At the heart of our upcoming strategy lies the need to unlock our data and support organisation-wide self-service access to quality reporting. This is an opportunity to help us achieve the goals of our Data Strategy by driving forwards our programme of better data integration, modelling and surfacing through effective data warehousing to support analytics across the organisation.
Interview Date: TBC
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,500 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working as part of our approach to activity based working
- Discounts on gym membership
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan (on completion of your probation period)
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- Cycle to work scheme (eligible for scheme if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
*Some benefits aren't available until you've passed your probation period and are dependent on the length of contract.
- Technical solution design: Guide the design and direction of the Data Strategy by leading the design and deployment of appropriate data stacks to manage integration, exception handling, master data management, and warehousing which can support self-service analytics across the organisation. Support us to establish ways of working to be rolled out across the organisation.
- Data modelling: Lead the development of the organisational data model in the new technology environment using industry-recognised data modelling patterns and standards. Reverse-engineer data models from existing live systems; compare and align different data models.
- Data analysis and synthesis. Undertake data profiling and source system analysis and present clear insights to colleagues to support the end use of the data.
- Metadata management: Work with implementation partners to design an appropriate metadata repository and define changes to existing metadata repositories.
- DevSecOps Engineering: Work within a DevOps environment and ensure security is considered at each stage of work, from design to implementation. Work with our information governance team to develop best practice access and retention approaches to support compliance.
- Testing: Review requirements, specifications and define test conditions. Identify issues and risks and support implementation partners and internal developers to resolve these.
- Problem resolution: Diagnose and respond to problems in databases, data processes, data products and services as they occur. Establish monitoring services and identify trends to resolve problems. Determine appropriate remedies and assist with implementation of it as well as preventative measures.
This role will work as part of our fast-paced Better Data Programme, and will co-ordinate and matrix manage a team of developers to deliver an organisation-wide ETL, data import, and master data management approach, and surface the organisational data model through data warehousing. This will be done while fostering an entrepreneurial and creative work ethic, and willingness to learn and adapt to emerging or different technologies. This role will support the delivery of appropriate analytics tools for insight leads in teams across the organisation to be able to build reports and dashboards. In turn we know this will lead to better relationships between Diabetes UK and those who benefit from our services and those dedicated to supporting our cause of working towards a world where Diabetes can do no harm.