As a Senior Finance Business Partner you will work collaboratively with an Assistant Business Partner to provide a high quality Finance Business Partnering service by actively guiding decision-makers to develop and implement commercial outcomes. This is a fantastic opportunity to make a real contribution to the future success of Diabetes UK as we enter a new five year strategy period, and will equip the right candidate with a broad range of experience and knowledge as they progress their career. We have also just moved to a new finance system so there is lots of opportunity to develop this tool to improve financial processes, reporting and budgeting.
Interview Date(s): TBC
We would consider flexibility on where this role could be based
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,500 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working as part of our approach to activity based working
- Discounts on gym membership
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan* (on completion of your probation period and if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- Cycle to work scheme* (eligible for scheme if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
*Some benefits aren't available until you've passed your probation period and are dependent on the length of contract.
You will provide expert support and advice to senior leaders, playing an integral role within their management team, presenting insightful analysis and management reports and providing leadership and advice on budgeting. You will pro-actively identify risks and opportunities, including the identification of possible actions to mitigate against or capitalise on these, influencing senior leaders to take these forward in the best interests of the charity. You will challenge the business to make the best decisions for the organization. You will play a leading role in the preparation, review and challenge of contracts and fundraising bid costings and grant offerings.
You are a qualified accountant with a proactive, curious and thorough approach and experience working collaboratively in a business partnering environment, providing support and advice to stakeholders at all levels. You have excellent communication skills and are able to influence and confidently challenge others to make the best decisions for the organisation. You have experience of contracted income and developing costings for fundraising bids and an understanding of related key issues such as restricted funds and overhead recovery. You work flexibly in a busy environment and manage conflicting demands by prioritising the most urgent needs of the organisation. It would be desirable for you to have some line management and coaching experience but this is not essential.